AMSTI Regional Staff Onboarding Headquarters
Welcome to the AMSTI Onboarding Headquarters for new (or returning) AMSTI Regional Staff. Here you will find a collection of resources designed to help new regional site staff gain access to much needed resources and to provide AMSTI SDE staff with needed information about new staff.
General Contact Information
New staff members should complete the following form to provide general contact information to the AMSTI SDE Team. This information will be incorporated into a private database accessible only by AMSTI SDE staff.
AMSTI.org Account Request
The AMSTI team uses Google's GSuite for Education extensively. All Directors, Assistant Directors, Materials Managers/Assistant Managers, PD Coordinators and Specialists are required to obtain and monitor an AMSTI.org Google Account. Complete this form to request your account.
All Directors/Assistant Directors and Specialists MUST secure an account from the Alabama State Department of Education in order to report activities to the ALSDE. Attached is the form that must be completed for new staff to be added to SharePoint.
The process is as follows:
1. SharePoint form is completed and signed by new employee. Blank #5 should be Office of Student Learning/AMSTI.
2. DO NOT sign as supervisor/manager. That signature blank is for the ALSDE.
3. Email the form to Cathy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. When the form is emailed, please include the employee’s name and email address in the body of the message.
4. Create an Education Directory account at https://aim.alsde.edu/aim/index.aspx. If you already have an Education Directory account, log into that account and update it with your new work email address (must be the same as the one you list on the Request Network Access Form).
5. If you do not hear from the ALSDE within 2 weeks, please email Cathy at email@example.com.
Chalkable PD Account (formerly STI-PD)
If you hold an Alabama Teaching or Administrative Certificate, you must have an account on Chalkable PD (formerly STI-PD) to track and submit your CEUs/PLUs. If you are joining AMSTI from a Local Education Agency (LEA), a school District, you should already have an account. You will need to change your LEA to AMSTI. Unfortunately only Chalkable can reassign you from one LEA to another; you will have to give them a call at 1-800-844-0884 and request to have your LEA changed to AMSTI.
If you are not an educator, but need access to Chalkable PD to create sessions (such as a PD Manager), OR if you need additional rights to your Chalkable PD account in order to create sessions/award credit, please complete the Chalkable Account Request/Update Form below. (Note, if you are an educator, please complete the transfer of your account with Chalkable before submitting this form.